COMMUNICATIONS, FILM, & MEDIA ARTS PROFESSIONAL
Communications and media arts professional with experience working across a broad spectrum of technologies, including hardware and software. Expertise includes video production and editing, writing, web design, and social media marketing. A strong collaborator, leader, and mentor with a reputation for preparedness, diligence, reliability, and execution. Possessing a natural ability to connect with people and generate enthusiasm among stakeholders.
- WordPress, Joomla!, basic HTML
- Adobe Premiere, Adobe Encore
- Final Cut Studio (7), FCX
- Email Marketing & Design
- Content Creation & Management
- Copywriting and Editing
- Digital Media Management
- SEO, Social Media Engagement
- Website Management
SELF EMPLOYED / FREELANCE / CONTRACT
Web Technology & Media Arts
Freelance, contract, consulting. Video and editing, writing, web design, content creation and management, web marketing, and tutoring.
WRITER, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, “SUNSHINE REBELS: Gotham’s Lost Tribe”
Documentary film. Pursued under the auspices of D.A. Pennebaker’s Living Archives, the film tells the story of a group of 1970’s inner-city teenagers that came together at Central Park’s Naumburg Bandshell and in the process left an indelible stamp on world culture through startling innovations in graffiti art, music, and extreme sports.
FILMMAKING INSTRUCTOR — Buck’s Rock Performing and Creative Arts Camp Summer ’15
Teaching kids and teens ages 11 – 17 to write, produce and edit short films. Concepts include a brief examination of storytelling, three-act structure, archetypes, editing style & techniques, conventions, and effects.
DIGITAL IMAGING TECHNICIAN (DIT), 2ND AC — DOVID MEYER Feature film.
- DIT (Digital Imaging Technician): Responsible for the safe transfer of all film footage from REDMAG SSD cards to backup RAID system;
- 2nd AC: Assist DoP and 1st AC. Third member of the camera team responsible for setup, lens management, camera moves, AND anything and everything the camera department needs.
EDITOR, DIGITAL ASSET MANAGER — BLUE DAYS FILMS, “SHE’S THE BEST THING IN IT”
A documentary film by Ron Nyswaner (PHILADELPHIA, THE PAINTED VEIL). Edited fundraising teasers/trailers and portions of the film.
CAMERA OPERATOR, VIDEO EDITOR — Seven21 Media Center March 2013 – Feb. ’14
Using Final Cut and Adobe Premiere, edited TV ads, corporate films, music videos, and film trailers.
VIDEO DEPT. MANAGER & SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY MANAGER
DragonSearch Marketing Sept. ’12 – March ‘13
Launched the video department as a new division. Set workflow and content management processes and standards. Managed clients’ social media presence.
- Authored 38-page white paper detailing the value of video in marketing.
- As Community Manager, edited client blogs and articles for SEO keyword optimization; maintained client social media sites with brand storytelling, relevant linking.
- Wrote scripts, shot, edited, optimized, marketing videos.
- Implemented the video department; set workflow and content management processes and standards. Managed clients’ social media presence.
- Launched the video department as a new division. Wrote scripts, shot, edited, optimized, marketing videos.
- Authored 38-page white paper detailing the value of video in marketing
- Edited client blogs and articles for SEO keyword optimization, maintained client social media sites with brand storytelling, relevant linking.
EDITOR, DIGITAL ASSET MANAGER — “SHE’S THE BEST THING IN IT” June ’12 – Sept. ’12
A documentary film by Ron Nyswaner (PHILADELPHIA, THE PAINTED VEIL). Edited fundraising teasers/trailers and portions of the documentary. Organized and managed film assets.
LEAD MAC SPECIALIST, SOFTWARE TRAINER — Apple Computer Feb. 2005 – Jan. ’08
Certified Apple Product Professional. Consistently exceeded quarterly sales targets. Approximately 30% of time spent teaching software applications, from basic programs to professional apps like FC Studio.
VIDEO EDITOR — “PASSION FRUIT; The Story of the Oregon Wine Pioneers” July – Sept. 2008 Documentary film. Compiled and organized documentary footage. Edited footage and trailers.
2ND CAMERA — “DEMON RESURRECTION” Feature Film. May ’07 – Aug. ’07
In an isolated house, a group of friends battle supernatural forces as they try to protect a young woman from an evil cult. Writer, director, Bill Hopkins.
WRITER, DIRECTOR, EDITOR — “FALL TO THE SON” Sept. ’05 – Oct. ’05
Award-winning Short Film. Winner of the Litchfield Hills Film Festival; Top-ten finalist in the Tribeca Online Short Film Festival; Official Selection, Connecticut Film Festival.
1ST CAMERA OPERATOR, EDITOR — “CALIFORNIA CUSTODY” Oct. ’04 – Nov. ’04
An unsettling documentary look at the American family court system, including divorce, domestic abuse, child custody. Shot on location, Sacramento, CA and Albany, NY
CINEMATOGRAPHER — “THE MEETING” Aug. ’04 – Sept. ’04
Feature. A group of aspiring Ohio screenwriters meets once a week to discuss what they aren’t doing.
EDITOR, CAMERA OPERATOR., CERTIFIED SCUBA DIVER – “THE SEARCH FOR EL SALVADOR” June ’01 – May ’02
A documentary about the search for the Spanish treasure ship El Salvador which sank in a hurricane off the North Carolina coast in 1750. Filmed for Phil Masters, who discovered Queen Anne’s Revenge, the flagship of the pirate Blackbeard. Shot on location in Beaufort, NC, and Havana, Cuba.
Columbia University, Bachelor of Arts, Literature/Writing Program, with honors, 1997.
Hunter College, Communications studies, 2 years (54 credits). Dean’s List two semesters.
Events Planning Lead (Former), Charter for Compassion International.